Come back into our life beef stroganoff
I love being able to incorporate lupin into as much of our foods as possible & I get very excited when I discover something new.
I find it easier to incorporate our Self Raising Lupin flour into baking on a very regular basis then I do using our Wholemeal Lupin Flour. So when I find something new I can't wait to share it with you all.
This week I cooked Beef Stroganoff for the first time in what seems like ages (I found a dairy free sour cream to use....... #winning). I decided to replace the plain wheat flour with our wholemeal lupin flour. Knowing it would do the same in regards to thickening the sauce, all while adding nutrients to the dish. I love sharing my recipe book with you.
YOU WILL NEED
2 Tablespoons Wholemeal Lupin Flour
500g Beef steak, sliced thinly
1 large brown onion, sliced thinly
2 garlic cloves, minced
½ teaspoon paprika
½ c dry white wine
¾ c beef stock
½ red capsicum, sliced thinly
2 Tablespoons tomato paste
3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
¼ cup sour cream
Salt and pepper to season
NOW WHIP IT UP
- Roll beef steak in season lupin flour
- Heat olive oil in fry pan
- Cook half the meat for approx 5 minutes, until meat is browned, remove from pan & cook the second half of the meat
- Reduce heat, sauté onion for approx. 5 minutes, add garlic and paprika, cook for 1 minute while stirring
- Add wine, beef stock, mustard, tomato paste, salt & pepper, steak
- Bring to the boil, then simmer for 5 minutes
- Add capsicum & stir
- You can either finish cooking on the stovetop or in the oven (I like to do it in the oven so I don’t have to worry about it burning, this way I can also use a cheaper cut of steak, cooking it low & slow to get that tender texture & extra flavour)
- Lastly before serving, stir in sour cream
- Serve on a bed of rice with loads of vegies
I'd love to know if you have any recipes you'd like me to have a go at converting to include lupin flour into, please feel free to share away with me, I'll see what I can come up with for you.
Thanks for stopping by.
Chat soon T xox