Chicken and Vegetable Potato Pie
Winter is here and baby it's cold outside. At MPK that means it is time to cook everything comforting to warm us up from the inside out.
This Healthy Chicken and Vegetable Potato Pie is loaded with vegetables to really fill and warm your bellies.
You Will Need
- Oil for frying
- 3 chicken breasts -diced
- 1 leek - sliced
- 2 carrots - sliced
- 1 bunch asparagus - chopped
- 1 bunch broccoli - chopped
- 2 cloves garlic - diced
- 2 sticks celery - chopped
- 1/2 zucchini - chopped
- 1 c frozen or fresh corn kernels
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tin evaporated coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 Tablespoons My Provincial Kitchen Wholemeal Lupin Flour
- 1 Tablespoon dried chicken stock powder
- 8 medium potatoes - peeled and diced
- 2 Tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 2 Tablespoons savoury yeast flakes
- Pepper to season
Now Whip It Up
- In a heavy based casserole dish heat oil and fry off leek
- Add garlic, carrot and celery and fry off until translucent
- Remove vegetables from dish. Add a little more oil and brown chicken in batches
- Once all chicken is brown add all chicken as well as vegetables back into dish
- Add broccoli, asparagus, corn and zucchini to dish, heat through, approx 10 minutes
- Combine all ingredients to make a paste, add this to the pot with chicken and veg and cook on a medium heat for approx 30 minutes
- Boil potatoes till soft.
- Mash the potatoes, add mayonnaise, milk and savoury yeast flakes.
- Add more milk if desired, you want a soft spreadable texture
- Transfer chicken and veg casserole to oven proof dish, top with mashed potato, “fluffing” it a little to create a textured top
- Drizzle with a little olive oil
- Place under the grill to brown the potato top
Remember, if you make any of our recipes please tag us on your socials. We would love to share your creation with our followers.
Shop My Provincial Kitchen Wholemeal Lupin Flour by clicking here