Lupin Orange Pancakes by The Nourished Chef
Egg ring you ask? You heard right! It couldn’t be easier! These Lupin pancakes are made with natural gluten free ingredients, they're refined sugar free and high in fibre whilst tasting GREAT!
You Will Need
› 200g Pancake mix (half a packet)
› 1 Tbsp Golden or Brown Flaxseed Meal
› 3 Tbsp Milk (of choice)
› 2 Tbsp Fresh Orange Zest
› 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
› 1 Cup Plant-Based Milk (of choice)
› 1 Orange (zest peeled)
› 2 Cup Filtered Water
› 2 Cup Sweetener of choice (granulated monkfruit, panela or coconut sugar)
› 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
Now Whip It Up
- Make your flax egg by combining the flaxseed meal and 3 Tbsp plant-based milk. Stir. Set aside to thicken.
- Sprinkle the pancake mix into a large pouring jug. Add the plant-based milk and prepared flax egg. Combine. Add in the zest and extract. Mix until combine. Allow to sit for approximately 2 minutes to thicken.
- Add coconut oil to a non stick frypan over medium heat.
- Place your egg ring into the centre of the pan and careful pour out approximately ¼ cup of batter into the ring. After one minute or so, slowly release the ring and flip. Cook until golden brown.
- Meanwhile; to prepare the orange syrup, using a vegetable peeler, remove the zest of the orange (avoiding the white pith). Slice into long strips.
- Add sweetener of choice, filtered water, zest and vanilla into a saucepan over medium heat.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes until reduced by ⅓ or until you reach the desired consistency. Strain the orange zest. Store any leftover orange syrup in the fridge. Enjoy!
⇾ Whilst cooking the pancakes if the batter becomes too thick add an additional splash of milk and give it a good stir. Voila!⇾ If choosing coconut sugar for the syrup the colour will be darker.