Lupin Pumpkin, Caramelised Onion & Goats Cheese Frittata
This frittata is so delicious it will become a staple in your household.
Recipe created by Jess from The Gut Project (@the.gut.project)
This recipe makes 4-6 serves.
*For dairy free option, omit goats cheese and/or add dairy free cashew cheese
YOU WILL NEED
1/2 tsp vegetable stock (for base)
1 tbsp vegetable stock (for filling)
2 tbsp dairy free spread, melted
1.5 tbsp water
400g raw pumpkin, cubed
100g goats cheese
8 large eggs
1 onion, sliced
2 tbsp coconut sugar
1/2 cup coconut milk
Pink himalayan salt & black pepper
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
NOW WHIP IT UP
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius (fan forced).
- Add pumpkin cubes to a baking tray and drizzle with oil and salt. Bake for 30 mins or until cooked.
- Add onion and coconut sugar to a pan and drizzle with oil. Fry for 5-7 minutes to caramelise.
- In a mixing bowl, combine lupin flakes, lupin flour, dairy free spread, water and 1/2 tsp vegetable stock. Mix well and flatten evenly in a frittata tray. Use a spatula or similar to press the base down firmly to make it compact, ensuring that mixture is spread right to the edge of the tray.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Important: Remove from oven and place frittata tray on a larger baking tray for more stability.
- When pumpkin has cooked, remove from oven and set aside while preparing egg mixture.
- Whisk eggs, coconut milk and 1 tbsp vegetable stock in a bowl.
- Spread caramelised onion and pumpkin evenly over frittata base. Pour egg mixture over the top.
- Use a knife to break apart the goats cheese and spread in small chunks over the top of the filling. Sprinkle with cracked pepper.
- Gently add tray to oven, ensuring egg mixture doesn’t spill over.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until egg mixture has cooked through.
Serving ideas: Perfect with a side salad for a light meal.