No Chickpea Falafel by The Nourished Chef
Move over chickpeas we’ve got a new hero in town! Incredibly crispy, this recipe is the newest dinner winner to try tonight! This recipe makes 7-8 Falafels.
Vegan │ Gluten Free │ Dairy Free │ Low Carb
You Will Need
- ½ Cup Flaked Lupin
- 1 Cup Fresh Parsley (firmly packed)
- 1 Cups Frozen Peas (defrosted)
- 2 Tbsp White Chia Seeds
- ¼ Cup Hulled Hemp Seeds
- 1 x Flax Egg
- ¼ Cup Hulled Tahini
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- ⅓ Cup Tapioca Flour
- ⅓ Cup Wholemeal Lupin Flour (heaped cup)
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp Dried Mint
- Salt + Pepper (to taste)
- Oil (for frying)
Now Whip It Up
- Bring a pot of water to the boil. Pour in the lupin flakes and boil for 3 minutes. Drain the cooked lupins and put aside.
- Into a food processor; add your boiled lupins and remaining ingredients. Process until the mixture is completely incorporated. The mixture will be sticky (this is normal).
- In a large frypan, heat up your grape seed oil or cooking oil of choice. Mould and shape the mixture into 7-8 patties. Shallow fry in batches. Cook for approximately 3 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Serve immediately alongside your favourite garden salad with a good drizzle of tahini and fresh lemon juice or get rolling and wrap up your falafels into your favourite flat bread or pita.
Remember, if you make any of our recipes please tag us on your socials. We would love to share your creation with our followers.
Shop My Provincial Kitchen Wholemeal Lupin Flour by clicking here.