Savoury Muffin Waffles by The Nourished Chef
Lunch-time Waffles! With a few extra added ingredients these waffles are packed with healthy oils and have a big vegan tick of approval. This recipe serves 4.
Vegan │ Gluten Free │ Refined Sugar Free │ Low Carb
You Will Need
- 200g Savoury Lupin Muffin Mix
- 1 Tbsp Ground Flaxseed + 3 Tbsp Water
- 65ml Filtered Water
- ½ Cup Vegan Cheese (shredded)
- 30ml Olive Oil
- 75ml Plant-Based Milk (of choice)
- 1 Tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1 Tbsp Hemp Seeds
- Small handful Fresh Dill and Fresh Rosemary (chopped)
- 1 Cup Cashews (soaked and drained in boiling water for 2 hours)
- 2 tsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- ¼ Cup Filtered Water
- Salt + Pepper (to taste)
Now Whip It Up
- Make your flax egg by combining the flaxseed meal and 3 Tbsp filtered water. Stir. Set aside to thicken.
- Sprinkle the muffin mix into a large bowl. Pour in the remaining ingredients. Mix until completely incorporated.
- Heat a waffle maker to high. Spray coconut oil directly onto the waffle grills to prevent sticking.
- Roll the mixture into 4-5 balls. Place each ball one by one into the hot waffle maker. Cook each for 4-5 minutes until crispy golden brown.
- Meanwhile, to make your cashew cheese; place the drained/ soaked cashews into a food processor, along with the lemon juice and water. Pulse for about 1 minute to combine ingredients. Season with salt an pepper. Process again until completely smooth, around 2-3 minutes.
- Waffles are best served straight out of the waffle maker topped off with a good dollop of cashew cheese and dukkah. Enjoy!
Remember, if you make any of our recipes please tag us on your socials. We would love to share your creation with our followers.
Shop My Provincial Kitchen Savoury Lupin Muffin Mix by clicking here.